FALL PROTECTION ONLINE TRAINING
Any person working at elevations is required to be trained in fall protection safety.
Worksite Safety’s universal Fall Protection Certification program has been developed in accordance with federal and provincial legislations as safety training for workplaces across Canada (with the exception of Newfoundland).
This course consists of 12 chapters and a final exam. Once you pass your exam, you may print your certificates of completion (wallet & wall sized). Training may be paused or resumed at any time, is fully narrated, and includes interactive exercises to ensure understanding of course content.
This course is not intended as a replacement for high-angle rescue, hands-on training, or more advanced training (such as the Ontario Ministry of Labour-regulated Working at Heights). If you require such training, please call 1-866-756-5552 for details about in-class training.
- Hazard Identification
- Eliminating or Controlling Hazards
- Ladder Safety
- Equipment: Anchors
- Equipment: Lanyards
- Equipment: Lifelines
- Equipment: Other Connectors
- Equipment: Harnesses
- Emergency Rescue
- Glossary of Terms
- Resource Library
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Basic safety training for working at elevations
- Applicable safety legislations and standards
- When fall protection is required
- Four components of a personal fall arrest system
- Safety net installation
- Components of a Safety Walkaround checklist
- How to perform a hazard assessment
- Rescue and escape planning
- Five types of fall protection systems
- How and why falls can happen
- Pre-use inspection of safety equipment
- Different types of anchors, D-rings, rope grabs, carabiners, snap hooks, lanyards, web and chain rebar assemblies, slings, body-holding devices, and harnesses
- How to inspect, don, and adjust a harness
- How to use fall protection equipment
Average Course Running Time: 2 Hours
|STANDARDS COMPLIANT Developed based on Canadian federal and provincial legislation, safety standards and industry best practices.|
|CERTIFICATE VALID FOR 2 YEARS Wallet & Wall sized certificates may be printed upon course completion. Additional copies may be re-printed at any time at no additional cost.|
|LIVE STUDENT SUPPORT Phone, email, text and internet chat support is available 7 days/week Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 8:00 pm and weekends 12:00pm to 4:00pm Eastern Standard Time.|
|RECORD OF TRAINING Training records are stored securely for up to 3 years and may be accessed on demand from your account.|
|UNLIMITED EXAM ATTEMPTS Exams may be attempted until a passing grade is obtained.|
Training courses may be taken from desktop computers, laptops, tablets, smartphones and most devices with an internet connection. Course materials are automatically adjusted based on your device to deliver an optimized learning experience.
OPERATING SYSTEM & BROWSER COMPATIBILITY:
Online course materials are compatible with Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Blackberry, Linux, and most widely used operating systems.
Website features and courseware are compatible with most widely used web browsers including Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. Adobe Flash player is not required to take training courses.